Entryway with state love art...

I feel like I've been gone forever!  I feel totally overwhelmed by summer.  Anyone else?  It's so hard to entertain 4 kids and get anything else done.  The kids are having a fun summer though which is what is really important.  My house is all unpacked and I've been doing tons of fun projects I just haven't had time to blog about them yet.

This is the view right as you walk through the front door.  The beautiful watercolor art is from The Wheatfield.  LOVE her stuff!  It's so cheerful and inspiring.  The state/country art I made with my silhouette machine and is all the places we've lived the past few years.    The chalkboard I made with an old mirror.  The little bench is the Ana-White rustic bench that we made a while ago and I just painted it with Rustoleum Night tide gloss spray paint.

IMG_3285

The states/countries I purchased in the online silhouette shop.  If you have a MAC then you might have a problem using the shop from the program on your computer.  I had to call silhouette and they gave me a special URL to make my purchases from.  Then I just mounted the vinyl on canvas and painted over it!  Easy!

IMG_2499

I let it dry for a few hours and then peeled off the vinyl.

IMG_2500

See!  Cute, easy and it only cost about 2 bucks a picture.  The canvases all came from the Japanese 100 yen store (dollar store) and then the silhouette graphics were $1 each and I used paint I already had.  The little hearts I just hand painted.

IMG_2501

This is the old mirror I had.  I don't think it's been hung up since 2 or 3 houses ago.  I decided I wanted it  to be a chalkboard.

IMG_2494

I primed the whole thing mirror and frame with BIN primer.  This is my favorite primer right now.  It goes on so nice and even and works great.  Then I just put chalkboard paint on the mirror part and painted the frame white.

IMG_2496

LOVE how it all turned out.  It's so cheerful and colorful.

IMG_3297

I've thought about putting pillows or something on the bench but I'm pretty sure they'd end up on the floor in about two minutes.

IMG_3278
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top