Painting Wicker {Girl grey, aqua and red bedroom}

I'm still hard at work on E's big girl room. One of the things I wanted her to have was a little spot to sit and read her favorite books.



I started by purchasing two Agen wicker chairs from Ikea. I've been keeping an eye out at thrift stores for kid chairs but haven't seen any and I liked the texture of the wicker.


I painted the chairs with 3 or 4 coats of Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spray paint in Smoke Gray.

To get a good finish with spray paint you have to do really light coats.  If you spray too much you end up with drips.  The Krylon dries in about 10 minutes so you can put the other coats on after waiting just a few minutes.


I painted the chairs about 2 months ago and the paint has held up great.  No chips or scratches.


My Mom made the little chair covers using the scraps from Ellie's zig zag quilt.  The front fabric is Moda Ruby.


The back is aqua polka dot.  My Mom made them just like a mini quilt and attached bias tape as the binding and ties.


Love the gray color.  It matches really well with her dresser and bookcase that I refinished earlier this year.


I'm getting really excited that it's getting warmer out.  So ready to do more spray paint projects.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top